- Silent Clocks Care Your Health
- Silent Clocks: FAQ
- Silent Clocks: Features
- Silent Clocks: Comparison Table & Main Features
- Best Wall Silent Clocks
- 1. Bernhard Products Black Wall Clock
- 2. Bulova Night Vision Analog Round Wall Clock
- 3. Bulova 16-Inch Juke Box Retro Dinner Wall Clock with Bluetooth
- 4. FirsTime and Co.® Day Date Wall Clock
- Oversized Wall Silent Clocks
- 1. Glitzhome Farmhouse Wall Clock 31.5 Inch Oversized Wall Clock
- 2. Glitzhome 23.75″ Vintage Rectangular Gear Clock
- Silent Clocks for Kids
- 1. Oyster Learning Clock for Kids
- 2. Owlconic Telling Time Teaching Clock
- 3. Tinload Analog Alarm Clock for Kids
- Alarm Clocks
- 1. Peakeep Small Battery Operated Analog Travel Alarm Clock
- 2. Seiko Analog Round Tabletop Clock with Alarm
- 3. Bulova Oracle Alarm Clock
- Digital Alarm Clocks
- 1. JALL Digital Alarm Clock
- 2. SHARP Home LED Digital Alarm Clock
- 3. DreamSky Auto Set Digital Alarm Clock
- In Conclusion
Silent Clocks Care Your Health
Silent Clocks: FAQ
What kind of clock does not tick?
Silent wall clocks are ideal for use in bedrooms, offices, and study areas. There are no ticking wall clocks with continuously sweeping second hands. The ticking is eliminated because the secondhand does not step from second to second.
How do I mute the clock ticking?
The simplest way to permanently silence a loud ticking clock is to place mass over the ticking mechanism on the rear of the clock, such as a piece of quilting. If all else fails, you can oil the mechanism, but you’ll have to do it every few weeks to keep the clock quiet.
Does a ticking clock help sleep?
Its ability to block out all other noise has made it a popular sleep aid in the past. During the day, those annoying household noises—that faulty dripping faucet or ticking clock—are drowned out by other noises.
What noise is best for deep sleep?
Pink noise has the potential to help you sleep. Researchers discovered that steady pink noise lessens brain waves, which tends to increase stable sleep, in a small 2012 study published in the Journal of Theoretical Biology (official website). Pink noise and deep sleep were also linked in a 2017 study published in Frontiers in Human Neuroscience (official website).
Silent Clocks: Features
|1. Sound||Be aware that some cheaper clock mechanisms, after years of use and wear and tear, can make very little noise (almost imperceptible except when you really try to hear it). This is especially true when the mechanism has been in use for a long time.|
|2. Design||Clocks must be easy to use and functional. The material of the frame is something to keep in mind. This means choosing a clock that is in harmony with your environment, which is why it’s called the perfect clock design. The black minute and hour hands are some distinguishing characteristics to keep an eye out for. When the background is all black, it can be difficult to make out the numbers.|
|3. Size||Most rooms in the house have at least a 10-inch clock as the standard size, but you may want to use a huge 20-inch+ clock as a centerpiece in your living room, or you may want a smaller clock for your bedroom, like an alarm clock.|
|4. Readability of Time||At the very least, the hands and numbers should be in EQUAL SHAPE. The hands and numbers should be black or white, depending on your preference. What’s so critical about something so insignificant? That’s a good point. Good READABILITY is the answer. You can’t use a clock if you can’t tell the time by looking at it.|
|5. Power Feature||In the event of a power outage, analog clocks work because they are powered by a battery rather than a cable. You can also take it with you and use it wherever you go. On Quartz, on the other hand, the second-hand moves as a result of the movement, traditionally in individual ticks, and is battery-operated.|
|6. Material||Almost anything that can hold the mechanism of a clock can be used to make one. Some of the most widely used materials are plastic, metal, wood, and glass. Plastic clocks tend to be less durable and have a lower overall quality than solid wood clocks.|
|7. Price||For under twenty dollars, you can get a decent clock that will suffice your needs. For less than $40, you can get a high-quality wooden-framed clock that will last a lifetime. Point is, you don’t need to break the bank in choosing a clock, it’s, well a clock.|
Silent Clocks: Comparison Table & Main Features
Best Wall Silent Clocks
1. Bernhard Products Black Wall Clock
- 12" Clock. Large black bold numbers against white face creates easy viewing
- Silent non ticking, sweeping movement mechanism to ensure a quiet environment. Precise quartz movements to guarantee accurate time
- Sturdy plastic case and glass lens, makes it easy to clean and keeps dust away from dial
Silent Non-Ticking Mechanism
Easy to read
Video: BERNHARD PRODUCTS – BLACK WALL CLOCK
2. Bulova Night Vision Analog Round Wall Clock
- Perfect for kitchen or bathrooms
- Full back lit dial (soft lighting) lets time be told anywhere
- Dial light option can be turned off
3. Bulova 16-Inch Juke Box Retro Dinner Wall Clock with Bluetooth
- 50S-motif reminiscent of retro diner-style jukebox
- Quiet sweep (no ticking) second handle
- Bluetooth wireless stereo speakers stream music or programming from any bluetooth-enabled device
4. FirsTime and Co.® Day Date Wall Clock
- SIZE MATTERS – Our FirsTime & Co. Day Date Wall Clock has a 14” diameter and 2” depth, making it a great size for any space.
- IT’S IN THE DETAILS – This round clock is crafted of plastic with a black frame, white face and glass lens. It displays the day of the week and date on...
- HANG IN THERE – This clock is designed to be hung on the wall. Hanging hardware is not included.
Oversized Wall Silent Clocks
1. Glitzhome Farmhouse Wall Clock 31.5 Inch Oversized Wall Clock
- High Quality Craftsmanship: This farmhouse wall clock is crafted of wood and iron. With wood washed white painted background, decorated with black metal...
- Soft Ticking Sound: High quality silent quartz movement, guarantees accurate time, runs calm and smoothly, enjoy peace as time goes by, perfect for...
- Stylish & Functional: This unique clock measures 23.62”W×31.5”H and 1.97”depth, great size for any space. With large black roman numerals against...
Oversized Rustic Design
The Craftsmanship of the Highest Caliber
Video-Tips: Large Wall Clocks Ideas. Wall Decor with Oversized Wall Clocks
2. Glitzhome 23.75″ Vintage Rectangular Gear Clock
- Material: Oversized Classic Wall Clock is made of 40% MDF, 40% Glass and 20% Iron, stronger tempered glass resists any breakage and keeps safety whenever
- High quality silent quartz movement: Using high-quality Tekken 8828-T5 scanning silent quartz movement can not only guarantee the better accuracy of time,...
- Large legible numbers: This wall clock has super large and legible roman numerals, which forms a big color difference with the brown background. So it is...
Metal frame with a rectangular shape,
Glass cover with a wood base,
Bold roman numerals are printed on the clock,
3D movable gears in the classic style; and,
Silent quartz movement of excellent quality.
Check price at Glitzhome.com, Homedepot.com.
Silent Clocks for Kids
1. Oyster Learning Clock for Kids
- Designed by Teachers and Parents 🕓 Our 10 inch kids wall clock has all the information you need to teach time - minutes hands and quarters are...
- Fun and Interactive Way of Learning 👍 Inspire kids to learn to tell time with our colorful engaging learning clock for kids and free e-book
- Non Ticking 😍 No distracting noises with our silent telling time teaching clock - beautifully designed quality analog wall clock with a kid safe acrylic...
2. Owlconic Telling Time Teaching Clock
- Your Kids Learn The Time with our specially designed analog kids wall clock that lets them see what time it is using colored numbers. Telling time on our...
- Your Child Gets All The Information They Need on our educational clock. For kids to learn time efficiently our design had to be easy to understand. Each...
- Simply Designed For Easy Teaching. At Owlconic we designed the clock to help when we were teaching our own child to learn how to read time. She was unable...
3. Tinload Analog Alarm Clock for Kids
- Design to Learn Time for Kids--Your child will be able to learn to tell the time as soon as they can recognise numbers; it takes just a few minutes,...
- Completely Silent-- The clock is completely silent, has a quality clock body and first grade electronic movement.
- Snooze and Light Function-- Snooze and light button locates on easy-to-find top place. Hold button down for 5 minutes snooze or to light up the clock...
Video: Whats The Time – kids song
1. Peakeep Small Battery Operated Analog Travel Alarm Clock
- Small square alarm clock features, measured at 3 1/4 * 3 1/4 * 1 5/8 in, light weight (3.5 oz), 1 AA battery operated, fits perfectly on your compact...
- Classic beep alarm sounds, designed to ascending four stages for gentle wake at first, then ascend in volume with more and more hurried sounds, which last...
- Press the top easy-access large snooze/light button to illuminate the entire dial few seconds for night time viewing. This also suspends the alarm for 5...
Efficient and Versatile in Lighting
Big Alarm ON/OFF Switch That Moves Up and Down
Video: Peakeep Small Battery Operated Analog Travel Alarm Clock Silent No Ticking, Lighted
2. Seiko Analog Round Tabletop Clock with Alarm
- Black metallic case with plastic crystal
- Features an analog display and alarm
- Black dial with white hands
3. Bulova Oracle Alarm Clock
- Beeping and flashing-lights for heavy sleepers
- Large EZ-read dial
- Dial light activated by either sound or shaking clock
Digital Alarm Clocks
1. JALL Digital Alarm Clock
- 【Dual plus Alarm Setting】- Updated in 2019 from dual alarms to three alarms. You can either set two or three alarms to better WAKE you up. One for you...
- 【Stylish Wooden Design for Décor】- This must be the most delicate alarm clock you’ve ever seen. It’s not only a clock, but also a great decoration...
- 【Multiple Brightness Level Adjustable】- Allows you to adjust from low to high brightness, or even turn off the LED light and keep it sound sensitive....
Brightness Adjustment on Multiple Levels
Detection of Temperature and Humidity
Video: Coolest Alarm Clock On Amazon | Showcase Friday
2. SHARP Home LED Digital Alarm Clock
- EXTREMELY SIMPLE TO OPERATE - The cool clock has been designed with absolute simplicity in mind! Easy for boys, girls, toddler, kids, teens, seniors and...
- LOUD ALARM AND SNOOZE - The bedside alarm clock comes with one of the loudest alarms available which can be set at Low or High in volume. There is also a 9...
- JUMBO ILLUMINATED LED DIGITS WITH HIGH/LOW BRIGHTNESS - The red numbers on the clock are very clear with extra bright quality, easy to see! If desired,...
3. DreamSky Auto Set Digital Alarm Clock
- Large Display with Full Range Dimmer: 6.6“ Large LCD screen with nice eye care number display. Time, date and temperature display. Almost full range...
- Advance autoset time : The alarm clock will set itself to right time, date and temperature immediately once plugged in. The long lasting button cell backup...
- Auto DST and selectable time zone : Automatically adjusts to Daylight Savings Time while set the DST on .Seven USA time zone (EST/ CST/ MST/...