There are many times when you might need to open velcro quietly. Maybe you don’t want to wake up your sleeping partner, or you don’t want to disturb the people in the room next to you. Whatever the reason, silent velcro is the best way to keep things together without making a sound. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the situations where silent velcro might come in handy, as well as how to open it quietly!
Silent Velcro: An Ordinary Miracle
We take silent velcro for granted. It’s one of those things that’s so commonplace, we don’t even think about it. But silent velcro is a true miracle of modern engineering. It’s strong enough to hold your clothes together, but it can also be opened with a simple tug.
How does A Silent Velcro Work?
Silent velcro consists of two strips of fabric with tiny hooks on one side and loops on the other.
When you press the two strips together, the hooks catch in the loops and hold the strips fast. silent velcro is strong enough to hold your clothes together, but it can also be opened with a simple tug.
Silent velcro was invented in 1941 by Swiss engineer George de Mestral. He was inspired by burrs that stuck to his dog’s fur after a walk in the woods. De Mestral realized that he could use this same concept to create a new type of fastener.
Silent velcro is now used all over the world in a variety of applications. It’s commonly used to close bags, fasten clothing, and secure items in place. silent velcro is also used in medical devices, automotive applications, and even in space exploration.
Situations When You Need to Open Velcro Silently
There are a few situations where you might need to open velcro silently. If you’re trying to be stealthy or you don’t want to disturb the person next to you, silent velcro can be a lifesaver.
- When you’re trying to be stealthy: Whether you’re sneaking up on an animal or trying not to wake a sleeping baby, silent velcro can help you move quietly.
- When you don’t want to disturb the person next to you: If your partner is asleep and you don’t want to wake them up, silent velcro can help you get dressed without making any noise.
- When silent operation is crucial: There are some situations where silent operation is crucial, such as when you’re working in a hospital or trying to avoid making noise in a library. silent velcro can help you stay quiet in these situations.
- In some situations, silent velcro can even save your life. So, the silent velcro was just too loud for the soldiers when they needed to move quickly and quietly, and so the army has decided to go back to buttons. USA Today reported that the US army has decided to ditch that once most fashionable and space-age of fasteners from the pockets of trousers issued to soldiers in Afghanistan, and replace it with the humble button. It’s a small change, but it could make a big difference for soldiers in combat situations.
How to Open Velcro Quietly
Silent velcro is a versatile and useful fastener, but it’s not always appropriate for every situation. There are a few different ways to open velcro quietly.
- Use your fingernails: If you use your fingernails to pry the two strips of silent velcro apart, it will make very little noise.
- Use a piece of cloth: You can also use a piece of cloth to muffle the sound of silent velcro opening. Simply place the cloth over the area where you’ll be opening the velcro and press down lightly as you pull the two strips apart.
- Use a sharp knife to separate the two strips of silent velcro.
- Press down on one strip of silent velcro while you pull up on the other strip. This will help prevent the hooks from catching on the loops.
- Pull the strips apart slowly and steadily. If you yank them apart too quickly, it will make a loud noise.
- Use a Lighter. If you need to open the silent velcro quickly and don’t have any other tools available, you can use a lighter. Hold the flame of the lighter close to the area where the two strips of silent velcro are connected. The heat from the flame will melt the adhesive that’s holding the two strips together.
With a little practice, you’ll be able to open silent velcro without making much noise.
Do You Have Any Other Tips?
Silent velcro is a handy invention that can be used in a variety of situations. It’s strong and versatile, but it can also be opened quietly if you know how. So, the next time you need to be stealthy or you don’t want to disturb the person next to you, remember silent velcro. Do you have any tips for opening silent velcro quietly? Share them in the comments below!