- Main Noise-Making Components of the Microwave
- Microwave with Silent Mode
- Silent Microwaves: FAQ
- Silent Microwaves: Features
- How to Quiet Your Microwave
- Silent Microwaves: Comparison Table & Main Features
- 1. Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven – Best Value for Money
- Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Specifications
- 2. GE JES1072SHSS Countertop Microwave Oven – Best Stylish
- GE JES1072SHSS Specifications
- 3. Toshiba EM925A5A-SS Microwave Oven with Sound On/Off – Best in Functionality
- Toshiba EM925A5A-SS Specifications
- 4. Samsung MS14K6000AS/AA Countertop Microwave Oven – Best Budget
- Samsung MS14K6000AS/AA Specifications
- 5. COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PMB Countertop Microwave Oven – Most Versatile
- COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PMB Specifications
- In Conclusion
Main Noise-Making Components of the Microwave
- The magnetron is the source of the majority of the noise. This is where the energy that heats the food is generated.
The magnetron is a vacuum tube that produces microwaves. It is powered by a high voltage capacitor, which is connected to a transformer. The transformer steps up the voltage from the AC power source to the level needed by the magnetron. The magnetron is the most important noise-making component of the microwave.
- The blowing noise is caused by the cooling system that keeps the oven from overheating.
The cooling system is designed to keep the components of the microwave cool. The fan in the cooling system helps to circulate air and keep the components cool. The fan can make noise when it is turned on. The noise is caused by the blades of the fan hitting the air. The fan can also make noise when it is turned off. This is because the blades of the fan are still spinning and they hit the air. The noise from the cooling system can be reduced by turning off the fan when it is not needed.
- The diode, capacitor, and transformer all produce a humming sound.
The high voltage capacitor is used to store electrical energy that is used by the magnetron. The transformer steps up the voltage from the AC power source to the level needed by the high voltage capacitor. Transformers are also responsible for providing the proper impedance match between these two components. Without a transformer, these two components would not be able to work together.
Microwave with Silent Mode
Silent Microwaves: FAQ
How do you silence a microwave?
This is one of the quick fixes that come to mind when asked this question. If your microwave is making vibrational noises that are causing your counter surface to vibrate and affecting other appliances, get an anti-vibrational pad and place it under the microwave to absorb the vibrations. If you don’t have access to an anti-vibrational mat, you can use a thick cut-out blanket or even a thick cloth and put it under the oven. All of these have the ability to absorb sound.
Why does a microwave beep 5 times?
The oven will typically beep 3 to 5 times at the end of a cook cycle in an attempt to get the operator’s attention, which we can agree often has the attention span of a starfish. If nothing is accomplished, the oven will beep again, this time at 1-minute intervals, attempting to alert you that your cold food is ready to eat.
Why is my microwave making a crackling noise when not in use?
If this happens, it could be a problem with a high-voltage component like a magnetron, diode, or transformer. Another possibility is that you used an arcing stirrer. If it sounds like the stirrer, it probably is. Microwaves can damage or destroy it if it sticks or stops. It’s possible that you have a faulty stirrer or magnetron.
Why are microwave doors so loud?
Microwaves have a latch mechanism built into the trim panel, and each latch has a spring behind it. A click will be heard when the door latches match the buckle holders on the microwave. The sound would be louder if the springs were under more tension.
Are there soft close microwaves?
Yes, there are soft close microwaves. These microwaves use a technology that is called pneumatic damping. A hydraulic door closer is a machine that uses air pressure to slow down the swinging of the door. This helps to reduce the noise of the door slamming shut. Pneuma
Silent Microwaves: Features
|1. Inverter Technology||Without dunking in and out like conventional non-inverter models, inverters precisely control the output by making adjustments to the wattage level. The cooking time is reduced, and the results are superior. However, inverter-technology microwaves are generally more expensive.|
|2. Smart Sensor||Microwaves with built-in sensors monitor humidity levels in the cooking chamber. It carries messages to a microprocessor, which calculates remaining cooking times and alters the power and timings automatically.|
|3. Power||A microwave’s potential wattage output is crucial. When set to the highest setting, it displays the total amount of microwaves it can emit. When compared to a 1000w oven, 700w machines take about a third longer to reheat their contents. As a result, high-power microwaves save both time and energy.|
|4. Size||The size of your microwave will be determined by the space you have available. This is probably the biggest factor to consider before deciding on the others. You want the microwave to be able to fit into the space you have available. The last thing you want is for your microwave to take up the entire counter space. You might also want to take into account an over-the-range microwave oven that is quiet. They allow you to complement your microwave to the rest of your kitchen appliances.|
|5. Combination Ovens||A convection oven is included in combination microwaves. It expands the range of cooking options by allowing you to bake, roast, and even grill. Despite its higher cost, a single machine can replace a variety of other kitchen appliances.|
|6. Construction Materials||Stainless steel is a long-lasting metal that resists rust and scratches. It has a sharp, modern appearance and is simple to clean. Microwaves are constructed using coated steel and plastic. When used in the cooking cavity, they will stain, rust, and crack over time.|
|7. Placement||Unless otherwise stated, microwaves should only be used on a counter. If you want to install your appliance into the cabinets, you’ll need a specific model with extra vents.|
|8. Operating Method|
|9. Price||Microwaves are available in a variety of price ranges. The price of the appliance you can afford will be determined by your budget. Today’s market offers a diverse range of prices. Microwaves are available in two price ranges: low-cost and high-cost. You can get one for as little as $50, but others can cost far more. Other microwaves, such as over-the-range microwave ovens, can be very expensive. When compared to countertop microwaves, these are significantly more expensive.|
How to Quiet Your Microwave
|Step 1||Look for a button that says “Sound.” It could have been there the whole time, pleading with you to press it.|
|Step 2||1 or 0 can be pressed and held. Manufacturers sometimes include hidden, secondary functions in these keys.|
|Step 3||Hold down the Stop or Cancel button for a few seconds. When held, this key, like 1 or 0, may have a hidden function.|
|Step 4||Pressing and holding 1, 0, Stop, or Cancel often results in the beeping sounds being turned off or a child lock feature is activated.|
Silent Microwaves: Comparison Table & Main Features
1. Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven – Best Value for Money
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more; Rated Voltage: 120V - 60Hz
- Black Stainless Steel exterior, 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inch (w x d x h), large 1.2 cubic feet capacity, cavity 13.07 x 15 x 9.5 inch (w x d x h), turn table...
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer
Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Specifications
|Model Name||EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor|
|Item Weight||34.60 lbs|
|Item Dimensions||17.14 x 20.51 x 12.83 inches|
|Sound On/Off Option||Yes|
|Power||1100 watts with 10 power levels|
|Energy-Saving Eco Mode||Yes|
Video: Toshiba EM131A5C BS Microwave Oven – Don’t Buy Before You WATCH THIS
2. GE JES1072SHSS Countertop Microwave Oven – Best Stylish
- COMPACT YET POWERFUL: 700 watts of power and 0.7 cu. ft. inside allow for effective, efficient cooking while not taking up valuable kitchen space; glass...
- EASY SET UP: Freestanding microwave fits easily on countertop or open shelf, with 39 power cord
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS: Simple, one-touch operation with Instant On express cooking controls and multiple cooking modes; kitchen timer, child lock controls...
GE JES1072SHSS Specifications
|Human Interface Input||Touch Pad|
|Item Weight||21.00 lbs|
|Item Dimensions||12.75 x 17.31 x 10.19 inches|
|Capacity||0.7 cu. ft.|
|Auto and Time Defrost||Are programmed automatically or manually for optimal results|
|Control Lockout||Helps prevent accidental activation|
|Instant On Controls||Allow quick, one-touch cooking and reheating|
|Kitchen Timer||Minute timer helps keep you on track|
|Turntable||Rotates food throughout the cycle|
|Warranty||Limited 1 Year|
Instant On Touch Controls
Video: GE JES1072SHSS 0 7 Cu Ft Capacity Countertop Microwave Oven Review
3. Toshiba EM925A5A-SS Microwave Oven with Sound On/Off – Best in Functionality
- Stylish Stainless Steel (color of door frame is stainless steel, enclosure is black), external Dimension (wdh): 19.15x15.91x11.48 inches, internal...
- Pre-programmed menu for 6 popular foods like popcorn, pizza, potato and more. Rated Voltage is 120V- 60Hz
- One touch start - quick access to start the microwave from 1 to 6 minutes cooking at full power.Rated Input Power(Microwave):1350W
Toshiba EM925A5A-SS Specifications
|Item Weight||27.3 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions||15.91 x 19.15 x 11.48 inches|
|Capacity||0.9 Cubic Feet|
|One Touch Start||A quick access to start the microwave from 1 to 6 minutes or 30 seconds cooking at full power|
|Easy Defrost||Choose defrost by time or by weight|
|Preset Recipes||6 preset menus – popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage and dinner plate|
|10 Cooking Power Levels||Offers more flexibility while cooking: from keeping food warm to heating beverages|
|Mute Option||Easily turn off the end-cooking alert and beep sound by pressing one button|
|Energy-Saving Eco Mode||Save energy consumption and operating cost as well as protect our planet.|
|Display Type||The bright LED digital display|
Smart Sensor and Eco Mode
Video: Toshiba EM925A5A-SS Microwave Oven with Sound On/Off ECO Mode
4. Samsung MS14K6000AS/AA Countertop Microwave Oven – Best Budget
- Sensor Cook automatically adjusts cooking time
- Senses both moisture and temperature to provide optimal heating
- Triple Distribution System improves the heat distribution to cook food more evenly and thoroughly
Samsung MS14K6000AS/AA Specifications
|Item Weight||37.5 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions||21.8 x 18.6 x 12.3 inches|
|Capacity||1.4 Cubic Feet|
|Energy Consumption||1000 Watts|
|Number of Power Levels||10|
|Sensor Cook||Automatically adjusts time and power|
|Display Type||LED digital|
Interior Ceramic Enamel
Video: Samsung MS14K6000AS Review
5. COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PMB Countertop Microwave Oven – Most Versatile
- Stylish (black) stainless steel finish, compact size: 0.7 cubic-foot capacity, 700 watts and 11 power levels
- Mute function, settings, clock, kitchen timer, child safety lock, easy auto-cook functions: Popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen veggie, beverage, reheat
- One touch express cooking function with 1-6 minutes and plus30 seconds functions, and two defrost settings (by weight or by time)
COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PMB Specifications
|Item Weight||20.3 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions||17.3 x 13 x 10.2 inches|
|Energy Consumption||700 watts|
|Number of Power Levels||11|
|Lock Type||Child Lock Available|
|Easy Auto-Cook Functions||Popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen veggie, beverage, reheat|
|One Touch Express Cooking Function||With 1-6 minutes and plus30 seconds functions, and two defrost settings (by weight or by time)|
|Energy Saving Eco Mode||Minimizing 50% standby power by turning on ECO mode|
|Features||Mute function, settings, clock, kitchen timer, bright digital display, easy-to-read control panel, interior light|
|Warranty||One year limited warranty|