- How To Choose The Quietest Fan: Buyer’s Guide
- Comparison Table & Main Features
- 1. The Quietest Tower Fan: Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan
- 2. The Quietest Pedestal Fan: Rowenta VU5670 Turbo Silence Oscillating Fan
- 3. The Quietest Table Fan: Fancii Small Personal Desk USB Fan
- 4. The Quietest Bladeless Fan: GreenTech Environmental PureFlow QT7
- 5. The Quietest Ceiling Fan: Westinghouse Lighting 7814465 Turbo Swirl Six-Blade Ceiling Fan
If you live in a temperate climate and need a cost-effective cooling option, a fan will help. However, the fan market is as crowded as it has ever been, so use this guide to find the best fan for your needs.
How To Choose The Quietest Fan: Buyer’s Guide
Types of Fans
|1. Tower Fans||The popularity of tower fans stems from their ability to fit into small spaces. Tower fans can produce a lot of air despite their small size, and many people like them because of their quiet service. Tower fans, on the whole, have more advantages than pedestal fans, such as timers and the ability to purify the breeze.|
|2. Desk Fans||You can’t afford to be bothered by the sun when the deadline is looming. A desk fan is a lightweight solution for easily cooling off that is ideal for personal use in the workplace or at home. Simply plug it in, put it on a flat surface, and enjoy the cool breeze.|
|3. Ceiling Fans||Ceiling fans, with their potential to cool a whole space, are a more environmentally friendly alternative to split system air conditioners. You won’t have to think about any obstructions because the unit is hanging from the ceiling, and you won’t have to put it up for storage during the winter.|
|4. Pedestal Fans||A pedestal fan is made up of massive blades enclosed in a housing that rests atop a stand. The most of pedestal fans are height-adjustable, allowing them to be used in a variety of environments. Pedestal fans can spread air throughout larger rooms due to the size of their blades.|
|5. Floor Fans||A floor or box fan rests on the floors and can regulate rooms of all dimensions. It is larger than a desk fan but smaller than a pedestal fan. Many floor fans look like pedestal fans without the stand, while box fans are typically square and have a grill.|
If you’re looking for a bedroom fan, you’ll want to find one that won’t wake you up. Tower fans are usually quieter than pedestal fans, and some also have night settings. It’s common for pedestal fans to create noise because the blades “buffet” the ejected air.
How many DB is a quiet fan?
A typical office noise level is 40 dBA. Fatigue would be caused by 50 dBA continuous noise. You would be able to note that it results in a much quieter, less maddening environment using more than one fan, each smaller but each operating at slower speeds. The faster and bigger the fan, the louder the sound. Typically, a quiet fan varies from 12-30 decibels.
Are bladeless fans quieter?
Bladeless fans seem to be much less noisy than normal blade fans, which is a major plus. This is due to the air multiplier design. Therefore, when deciding the noise level that you can handle, bear in mind the area where you intend to use your bladeless fan.
Are Dyson fans quieter?
Dyson supporters say to be “quiet and powerful” but much expert research reveals that far cheaper versions, like an $89 Kmart Anko (official website) pedestal fan, often outperform them in these categories. On the contrary, the Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 (more on amazon.com) was the quietest fan experts reviewed, and its bladeless space-age nature makes it super simple for every room to wash and an elegant piece of decor.
Are metal fans quieter than plastic?
Slightly quieter than plastic blades, the metal blades are capable of pushing more air. More blades usually transfer more air. It is understood that fans with more blades are louder than ones with fewer blades. In comparison, fans with more blades tend to be more stable, with less ambient noise. When you pick your fan, remember the scale of your room and your desires.
Are 5 fan blades better than 3?
There is a widespread belief that five fan blades in the fan perform better than four blades or even three. Homeowners believe that five blades mean improved flow of air, ventilation, and lower costs of cooling, but all five blades do add aesthetic appeal in fact. However, there is no indication, power-wise, that 5 fans are better than 3.
Comparison Table & Main Features
1. The Quietest Tower Fan: Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan
- Oscillating remote control tower fan: The Honeywell Quietset tower fan provides powerful whole room cooling with quiet operation, oscillation and automatic...
- Quiet cooling: Honeywell's QuietSet line of fans are quiet and powerful, so you'll feel the fan's cooling power with less sound
- Increase your comfort; Using fans for air circulation in your home can help Increase your comfort, and help reduce energy costs as well; Honeywell carries...
Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan (official website) Specifications
|Item Weight||8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 10 x 32.83 inches|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required|
|Controller Type||Remote Control|
|Mounting Type||Free Standing|
|Speed||8 customizable speeds from ‘sleep’ to ‘power cool’ settings|
|Sound||5 levels of sound|
|QuietSet technology||Quiet Whole Room Cooling|
|Auto Shut-Off Timer||1, 2, 4 & 8 Hour|
|Electronic Control||Touch Button Electronic Controls|
|Light Control||Automatically dims to 50% brightness after 15 seconds and resumes to 100% brightness when settings are changed|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty|
The Honeywell HYF290B silent tower fan provides QuietSet technology that allows the noise and cooling power to be customized. This is the perfect choice for small rooms, with 8-speed push-button controls and oscillating air motion. At about 110 cubic feet per minute, it will circulate air in your room silently. The noise rating is just 34 decibels at its lowest speed.
Dependable Fan with Adjustable Light
8 Speed Range Fan
What’s unique about this fan is that, as described above, you can use the oscillation function freely. For the auto shut-off timer, you only need to pick between 1, 2, 4, and 8 hours. In the event of a short circuit, its special function is overload safety or fuse. It also fits with a polarized 120V socket for additional protection (more info on walmart.com).
Honeywell HYF290B Quietset 8 Speed Whole Room Tower Fan Video Review
2. The Quietest Pedestal Fan: Rowenta VU5670 Turbo Silence Oscillating Fan
- ULTRA-QUIET PERFORMANCE - 35dB(A) whisper-quiet operation offers ultimate silence at each speed; ideal for home or office
- POWERFUL OSCILLATING AIRFLOW - Delivers exceptionally strong airflow (up to 2436 Cu. Ft./min); oscillates for broad coverage; 16"-diameter head and 5...
- 5 SPEED SETTINGS - 3 speed settings , 2 speeds (including Turbo Boost for extra power and Silent Night mode for especially soundless operation)
Rowenta VU5670 Turbo Silence Fan (official website) Specifications
|Item Weight||19.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||24 x 7.2 x 20 inches|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required|
|Noise Level||35dB(A) whisper-quiet operation|
|Speed Level||3 speed settings + 2 speeds (including Turbo Boost for extra power and Silent Night mode for especially soundless operation)|
|Strong Airflow||Up to 2436 Cu. Ft./min; oscillates for broad coverage; 16″-diameter head and 5 effective blades|
|Remote Control||Sleek, with integrated on-board storage for added convenience|
|Electronic Control||Includes an 8-hour timer and energy-saving mode, automatically decreases the airflow until the fan reaches its most energy-efficient setting|
Silent Technology and 5 Speed Levels
You would be happy to know that the Rowenta Turbo Silence Stand Fan is well-regarded by its customers if you are looking for a fan that is popular with consumers. The product is made by one of the most known names in the home goods industry, Rowenta – so it’s a decent product to consider (read more on abt.com).
Rowenta Turbo Silence Extreme Pedestal Fan Video Review
3. The Quietest Table Fan: Fancii Small Personal Desk USB Fan
- Twin turbo Cyclone-Blade technology provides maximum airflow to keep you cool anywhere, anytime
- 25% quieter and 40% more powerful than similar models | Max. airflow up to 4.2m/s
- Small, portable and lightweight personal fan perfect for use in home, office, desktop, camping, or travel
Fancii Personal Desk USB Fan Specifications
|Item Weight||7.9 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.72 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches|
|Controller Type||Touchpad Control|
|Maximum Airflow||Twin turbo Cyclone-Blade technology|
|USB Powered||Plug the included USB cable into your computer, power bank, or any USB port|
|Ultra Portable||Slim lightweight design with folding handle|
|Simple but Powerful||2 speed settings with touch-sensitive control|
|Networking Feature||Desktop Home, Tabletop Office, Air Cooling, Electric Operated, Quiet Cyclone|
Durable and Portable
Twice the airflow speed and coverage of a standard device will also be given when using this fan. It then improves airflow thus reducing the use of power. This table fan is also safe to use around children and pets.
Fancii Small Personal Desk USB Fan Video Review
4. The Quietest Bladeless Fan: GreenTech Environmental PureFlow QT7
- Keep yourself cool and comfortable: The pureFlow QT7 is an eye-catching fan that is uniquely designed to circulate air with peak power, performance, and...
- Quiet and powerful: Built to cycle more air quickly than traditional fans, your room temperature stays consistent and comfortable throughout the day. Run...
- Customize your comfort: The pureFlow QT7 personal fan features 12 individual fan speed settings, offering airflow from a gentle breeze to a steady wind and...
GreenTech Environmental PureFlow QT7 (official website) Specifications
|Item Weight||6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10.63 x 12.75 x 10.5 inches|
|Controller Type||Remote Control|
|Powerful Airflow||Uniquely designed to quickly cycle air|
|Quiet Operation||The QT7 operates at 13 decibels|
|Safe||Has a bladeless cooling design|
|Oscillation Capability||Unique 90 degree vertical tilt and 90 degree horizontal oscillation|
|Convenient||Remote control allows for oscillation and speed adjustments from across the room|
|Automatic Shut-Off Timer||Can be set for up to 9 hours|
|Warranty Description||2 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
Using the auto shut-off timer that runs up to 9 hours, you will keep the fan running breezy. Using the basic control panel and remote control to handle fan speed and oscillation corrections for more ease. It has a cord of 8 feet, so you can strategize where this lightweight device should be put (read more on appliancesconnection.com).
GreenTech Environmental PureFlow QT7 Video Review
5. The Quietest Ceiling Fan: Westinghouse Lighting 7814465 Turbo Swirl Six-Blade Ceiling Fan
- 30-Inch Turbo Swirl ceiling fan with a brushed aluminum finish and six light maple blades
- Includes a light fixture with frosted glass and uses one candelabra base, G16 1/2 light bulb, 60-Watt maximum (light bulb not included)
- 153mm by 9mm cold rolled steel motor, 18-Degree blade pitch, 3/4 by 4-down rod, 78-Inch lead wire
Westinghouse Ceiling Fan Specifications
|Item Weight||12 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14.25 x 9 x 8.25 inches|
|Air Flow Capacity||2393 Cubic Feet Per Minute|
|Number of Blades||6 light maple blades|
|Features||153mm by 9mm cold rolled steel motor, 18-Degree blade pitch, 3/4 by 4-down rod, 78-Inch lead wire|
|Controller Type||Pull Chain|
|Certification||Energy Star rated|
|Warranty Description||Lifetime motor warranty and a 2-year warranty on all other parts|
No matter what room size you want to cool down, with the size and style you like, Westinghouse has a ceiling fan for your preference. The Turbo Swirl LED ceiling fan has a brushed aluminum design, six angled blades, and opal-frosted glass lighting for small rooms that require a daring contemporary look.
LED Lighting and Remote Control
Install this Turbo Swirl LED fan and admire its breeziness, luminosity, and elegance in a tiny kitchen or bedroom. It has a motor of high quality that provides efficient air movement and silent performance – you can get the best functionality and design with this ceiling fan (more info on walmart.com).