- What Is The Quietest Fan?
- The Quietest Tower Fan: Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan
- The Quietest Pedestal Fan: Rowenta VU5670 Turbo Silence Oscillating Fan
- The Quietest Table Fan: Fancii Small Personal Desk USB Fan
- The Quietest Bladeless Fan: GreenTech Environmental PureFlow QT7
- The Quietest Ceiling Fan: Westinghouse Lighting 7814465 Turbo Swirl Six-Blade Ceiling Fan
- Buyer’s Guide
Fans are a perfect way to cool down space in your house, and a tower fan or any other fan is an excellent alternative for rooms of almost any scale. However, one downside could be noise, which may be a concern if it’s in your bedroom or louder than your TV screen. No one wants a loud fan at home, so to help you find the best quiet fans out in the market, we went hunting for the quietest fans.
What Is The Quietest Fan?
The Quietest Tower Fan: Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan
- Oscillating remote control tower fan: The Honeywell Quietset tower fan provides powerful whole room cooling with quiet operation, oscillation and automatic...
- Quiet cooling: Honeywell's QuietSet line of fans are quiet and powerful, so you'll feel the fan's cooling power with less sound
- Increase your comfort; Using fans for air circulation in your home can help Increase your comfort, and help reduce energy costs as well; Honeywell carries...
- Honeywell fans: The right fan helps cool you off and improves airflow in your room or home; Give your air conditioner and wallet a break by using fans to...
- Honeywell quality: Help improve air circulation and energy savings in your home, bedroom or office with Honeywell fans; 8 speed settings to adjust to your...
Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan Specifications
|Item Weight||8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 10 x 32.83 inches|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required|
|Controller Type||Remote Control|
|Mounting Type||Free Standing|
|Speed||8 customizable speeds from ‘sleep’ to ‘power cool’ settings|
|Sound||5 levels of sound|
|QuietSet technology||Quiet Whole Room Cooling|
|Auto Shut-Off Timer||1, 2, 4 & 8 Hour|
|Electronic Control||Touch Button Electronic Controls|
|Light Control||Automatically dims to 50% brightness after 15 seconds and resumes to 100% brightness when settings are changed|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty|
The Honeywell HYF290B silent tower fan provides QuietSet technology that allows the noise and cooling power to be customized. This is the perfect choice for small rooms, with 8-speed push-button controls and oscillating air motion. At about 110 cubic feet per minute, it will circulate air in your room silently. The noise rating is just 34 decibels at its lowest speed.
Dependable Fan with Adjustable Light
8 Speed Range Fan
What’s unique about this fan is that, as described above, you can use the oscillation function freely. For the auto shut-off timer, you only need to pick between 1, 2, 4, and 8 hours. In the event of a short circuit, its special function is overload safety or fuse. It also fits with a polarized 120V socket for additional protection.
Honeywell HYF290B Quietset 8 Speed Whole Room Tower Fan Video Review
The Quietest Pedestal Fan: Rowenta VU5670 Turbo Silence Oscillating Fan
- ULTRA-QUIET PERFORMANCE - 35dB(A) whisper-quiet operation offers ultimate silence at each speed; ideal for home or office
- POWERFUL OSCILLATING AIRFLOW - Delivers exceptionally strong airflow (up to 2436 Cu. Ft./min); oscillates for broad coverage; 16"-diameter head and 5...
- 5 SPEED SETTINGS - 3 speed settings + 2 speeds (including Turbo Boost for extra power and Silent Night mode for especially soundless operation)
- ELECTRONIC CONTROL PANEL - Includes an 8-hour timer and energy-saving mode, which automatically decreases the airflow until the fan reaches its most...
- COMPACT REMOTE CONTROL - Sleek remote control with integrated on-board storage for added convenience
Rowenta VU5670 Turbo Silence Fan Specifications
|Item Weight||19.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||24 x 7.2 x 20 inches|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required|
|Noise Level||35dB(A) whisper-quiet operation|
|Speed Level||3 speed settings + 2 speeds (including Turbo Boost for extra power and Silent Night mode for especially soundless operation)|
|Strong Airflow||Up to 2436 Cu. Ft./min; oscillates for broad coverage; 16″-diameter head and 5 effective blades|
|Remote Control||Sleek, with integrated on-board storage for added convenience|
|Electronic Control||Includes an 8-hour timer and energy-saving mode, automatically decreases the airflow until the fan reaches its most energy-efficient setting|
Silent Technology and 5 Speed Levels
You would be happy to know that the Rowenta Turbo Silence Stand Fan is well-regarded by its customers if you are looking for a fan that is popular with consumers. The product is made by one of the most known names in the home goods industry, Rowenta – so it’s a decent product to consider.
Rowenta Turbo Silence Extreme Pedestal Fan Video Review
The Quietest Table Fan: Fancii Small Personal Desk USB Fan
- Twin turbo Cyclone-Blade technology provides maximum airflow to keep you cool anywhere, anytime
- 25% quieter and 40% more powerful than similar models | Max. airflow up to 4.2m/s
- Small, portable and lightweight personal fan perfect for use in home, office, desktop, camping, or travel
- Experience cooling air circulation in any desired direction with 180 degree tilt rotation
- USB powered for convenience and portability | 2 speed settings with touch control for Low/High
Fancii Personal Desk USB Fan Specifications
|Item Weight||7.9 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.72 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches|
|Controller Type||Touchpad Control|
|Maximum Airflow||Twin turbo Cyclone-Blade technology|
|USB Powered||Plug the included USB cable into your computer, power bank, or any USB port|
|Ultra Portable||Slim lightweight design with folding handle|
|Simple but Powerful||2 speed settings with touch-sensitive control|
|Networking Feature||Desktop Home, Tabletop Office, Air Cooling, Electric Operated, Quiet Cyclone|
Durable and Portable
Twice the airflow speed and coverage of a standard device will also be given when using this fan. It then improves airflow thus reducing the use of power. This table fan is also safe to use around children and pets.
Fancii Small Personal Desk USB Fan Video Review
The Quietest Bladeless Fan: GreenTech Environmental PureFlow QT7
- ADJUST & OSCILLATE - Circulate air throughout the entire room with its unique 90 Vertical Tilt and 90 Horizontal Oscillation, keeping the air flowing in...
- POWERFUL AIRFLOW - Uniquely designed to cycle air more quickly than traditional fans, keeping your room temperature consistent and comfortable.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT - Everything about this fan is designed to reduce power usage and increase airflow. Using as little as 2 Watts it can provide twice the...
- SAFETY-FIRST DESIGN - Provides a safe alternative to traditional bladed fans because of its bladeless cooling design, allowing for use around children and...
- 12 FAN SPEEDS - Customize your comfort with 12 individual fan speed settings, offering airflow from a gentle breeze to a full gust of wind and everything...
GreenTech Environmental PureFlow QT7 Specifications
|Item Weight||6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10.63 x 12.75 x 10.5 inches|
|Controller Type||Remote Control|
|Powerful Airflow||Uniquely designed to quickly cycle air|
|Quiet Operation||The QT7 operates at 13 decibels|
|Safe||Has a bladeless cooling design|
|Oscillation Capability||Unique 90 degree vertical tilt and 90 degree horizontal oscillation|
|Convenient||Remote control allows for oscillation and speed adjustments from across the room|
|Automatic Shut-Off Timer||Can be set for up to 9 hours|
|Warranty Description||2 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
Using the auto shut-off timer that runs up to 9 hours, you will keep the fan running breezy. Using the basic control panel and remote control to handle fan speed and oscillation corrections for more ease. It has a cord of 8 feet, so you can strategize where this lightweight device should be put.
GreenTech Environmental PureFlow QT7 Video Review
The Quietest Ceiling Fan: Westinghouse Lighting 7814465 Turbo Swirl Six-Blade Ceiling Fan
- 30-Inch Turbo Swirl ceiling fan with a brushed aluminum finish and six light maple blades
- Includes a light fixture with frosted glass and uses one candelabra base, G16 1/2 light bulb, 60-Watt maximum (light bulb not included)
- 153mm by 9mm cold rolled steel motor, 18-Degree blade pitch, 3/4 by 4-down rod, 78-Inch lead wire
- Remote control adaptable
- Recommended for rooms up to 8 by10-Feet including small bedrooms, kitchens, offices and dens
Westinghouse Ceiling Fan Specifications
|Item Weight||12 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14.25 x 9 x 8.25 inches|
|Air Flow Capacity||2393 Cubic Feet Per Minute|
|Number of Blades||6 light maple blades|
|Features||153mm by 9mm cold rolled steel motor, 18-Degree blade pitch, 3/4 by 4-down rod, 78-Inch lead wire|
|Controller Type||Pull Chain|
|Certification||Energy Star rated|
|Warranty Description||Lifetime motor warranty and a 2-year warranty on all other parts|
No matter what room size you want to cool down, with the size and style you like, Westinghouse has a ceiling fan for your preference. The Turbo Swirl LED ceiling fan has a brushed aluminum design, six angled blades, and opal-frosted glass lighting for small rooms that require a daring contemporary look.
LED Lighting and Remote Control
Install this Turbo Swirl LED fan and admire its breeziness, luminosity, and elegance in a tiny kitchen or bedroom. It has a motor of high quality that provides efficient air movement and silent performance – you can get the best functionality and design with this ceiling fan.
How to Install a Westinghouse Ceiling Fan Video Review
How many DB is a quiet fan?
A typical office noise level is 40 dBA. Fatigue would be caused by 50 dBA continuous noise. You would be able to note that it results in a much quieter, less maddening environment using more than one fan, each smaller but each operating at slower speeds. The faster and bigger the fan, the louder the sound. Typically, a quiet fan varies from 12-30 decibels.
Are bladeless fans quieter?
Bladeless fans seem to be much less noisy than normal blade fans, which is a major plus. This is due to the air multiplier design. Therefore, when deciding the noise level that you can handle, bear in mind the area where you intend to use your bladeless fan.
Are Dyson fans quieter?
Dyson supporters say to be “quiet and powerful” but much expert research reveals that far cheaper versions, like an $89 Kmart Anko pedestal fan, often outperform them in these categories. On the contrary, the Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 was the quietest fan experts reviewed, and its bladeless space-age nature makes it super simple for every room to wash and an elegant piece of decor.
Are metal fans quieter than plastic?
Slightly quieter than plastic blades, the metal blades are capable of pushing more air. More blades usually transfer more air. It is understood that fans with more blades are louder than ones with fewer blades. In comparison, fans with more blades tend to be more stable, with less ambient noise. When you pick your fan, remember the scale of your room and your desires.
Are 5 fan blades better than 3?
There is a widespread belief that five fan blades in the fan perform better than four blades or even three. Homeowners believe that five blades mean improved flow of air, ventilation, and lower costs of cooling, but all five blades do add aesthetic appeal in fact. However, there is no indication, power-wise, that 5 fans are better than 3.